They traits of a good leader are:
- Honesty - Display sincerity, integrity, and candor in all your actions. Deceptive behavior will not inspire trust.
- Competent - Base your actions on reason and moral principles. Do not make decisions based on childlike emotional desires or feelings.
- Forward-looking - Set goals and have a vision of the future. The vision must be owned throughout the organization. Effective leaders envision what they want and how to get it. They habitually pick priorities stemming from their basic values.
- Inspiring - Display confidence in all that you do. By showing endurance, you will inspire others to reach for new heights. Take charge when necessary.
- Intelligence - Read, study, and seek challenging assignments.
- Fair minded - Show fair treatment to all people. Display empathy by being sensitive to the feelings, values, interests, and well-being of others.
- Broad-minded - Seek out diversity.
- Courageous - Have the perseverance to accomplish a goal, regardless of obstacles. Display a confident calmness when under stress.
- Straightforward - Use sound judgment to make a good decisions at the right time.
- Imagination - Accept and create change. Think of new and better goals, ideas, and solutions to problems. Be innovative!
- Positive - being able to stay positive and not think of the worst case scenario.
- Fun - having fun in the process makes the mood lighter, and therefore allows the team to work better and produce better results.
- Recognize - Being able to praise others when they do well, so that they will feel that they are being rewarded for their hard work.
- Communication - Being able to communicate effectively with the team, so that they receive the correct instructions and do not make too many mistakes.
How do you think a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations?
I think that they keep calm, and do not make reckless decisions in the spur of the moment. They think about their decisions and stay positive, trying to come up with an appropriate solution to the problem or crisis. They might be straightforward in solving the problem, and not try to solve it in complicated ways. A good leader may also seek help from his/her fellow team members, as people will need help at some point and cannot accomplish everything using only his/her strengths.