Traits a leader should posses:
- Responsibility: A leader should be responsible for the team, doing his duty as a leader He has to do his duty such as consistently communicate with the team so that other members will feel committed to do their duties too.
- Competent: He or she need to be able to "control" the team. "Controlling the team" meaning to check whether they are on task and take effective actions if they are not, etc.
- Respectful: He or she have to respect his or her team members' rights to voice out their opinions so as to ensure that the team members feel comfortable and committed in doing their duties.
- Observant: A leader has to take up the role of identifying any surfacing difficulties or problems so that he or she could make the right actions.
- Future Looking: He or she has to have a end in mind and ensure that the team is working in the right directions.
How a good leader manages crisis under stressful situations:
- Ensure that his team members trust him to take any actions so that he or she gains support
- Understand the problems and provide solutions
- Ask for the team members' permission and opinions before executing them